Sunday, August 12, 2007

On the web at last

After hoping someone would magically appear and build me a website, I've decided to take matters into my own hands.

I'm always telling people how wonderful the Internet is and that the city should put more information on their website. I have admit, it isn't as easy for me as I'm always telling the current City Council that it should be for city employees.

So here goes: My first adventure as a candidate was a lovely afternoon of talking with folks that live in a very pleasant neighborhood just off of Trawick Road. Even though a major connector street was within view of the yard where the cookout was held, you barely noticed it. I'd probably passed by that neighborhood a hundred times on the way to Tower Shopping Center, without ever having a clue there were children growing up and couples growing old together there.

Running for Council At-large is a wonderful way to expand my horizons without ever leaving the city that I love.

No comments: